Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bullet-points

Hello!

How strange to be away from the Internet for a whole week! I`m long on updates but short on time, so I`m resorting to bullet points. Once I`m back home, I`ll be more verbose, I promise. ;)

-Uncle V. is making a miraculous recovery. Details are slowly emerging - basically, he suffered a series of mini-strokes during a diving trip, likely while underwater. Dramatic sea rescue, time in the decompression chamber, extensive therapy, excellent medical care, and many prayers later, he should be well enough to travel soon. Everyone is looking forward to his return. There`s a long road ahead, but there is plenty of support in place from friends and family. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

-Wedding 1 was great. It was late starting and brutally hot in the chapel, but the service was lovely and the choir who performed was amazing. Very nice start to the 2005 Wedding Season. :)

-We found a place to live! We made a lot of calls and looked at several places, and found a nice two-bedroom in a quiet, residential neighbourhood. It`s not quite as close to downtown or the school as we`d hoped, but it`s on the bus route and it`s not too far away. We`re happy and excited, and relieved to have that major chore taken care of.

-Wedding 2 is on Saturday, so we`ve got two days to relax and pack and do errands and relax before the festivities and the trek back north.

-I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on! ;) I`ve been missing that, and can`t wait to have some time to hang out online.

4 Comments:

At 7:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

As I just finished my first year of the M.Div, it should be interesting to compare stories!

 
At 2:33 p.m., Blogger Jen said...

Hi, Nick!

Should be very interesting! Where are you going to school?

Look forward to comparing those stories soon! :)

Jen

 
At 11:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at AST, I assume that you will be at TST?

 
At 9:04 a.m., Blogger Jen said...

How do you like AST? I'm heading to Queen's Theological College. How'd you like first year?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home