Sunday, July 24, 2005

Tick, tock...

My time in this apartment/city/job is fast drawing to a close, and the amount of time I'll be able to spend preparing for the move to eastern Ontario is limited.

Next weekend the chaos begins - my beloved and I have three weekend weddings in a row to attend, all in different cities, then we have a two-week break, then my baby sister is getting married, and then it'll be September already and I'll be starting classes. Somewhere in there we have to find a place to live, and get packed, and move, and get unpacked, and... Okay. I'm going to stop now before I start hyperventilating.

I'm very excited about September and all the changes it will bring. I'm anxious to get started on this new journey, to be going back to school and exploring my call. I'm thrilled that my beloved and I will be starting this new journey together. It's the "getting ready for the journey" that's freaking me out.

I passed on travelling this weekend to attend a pre-wedding event so that I could try to make a dent in the vast quantities of stuff I have in this tiny apartment. It's now the middle of Sunday. I have to go back to work tomorrow. And what have I accomplished on the Purging Project? Precious little, I'm afraid. What did I spend my time doing when I was supposed to be purging? I have no idea...

I often find myself shutting down when faced with a task that must be done but seems too overwhelming to start. I'm sure this pattern will continue when I get to school -I can't expect that since I'm starting a new chapter in my life that all of my old habits will immediately disappear. I'm just going to have to work on it. Starting today, with the bedroom closet...

UPDATE: I feel so liberated! I got everything in the bedroom dealt with, with the exception of one suitcase. I purged, I sorted, I rearranged - once I got started, I couldn't stop! It was wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home