Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back to the grind, as they say

Hello!

Back home, back to work, and back to the blog!

Last week was a busy, busy week, and it's only going to get busier as we prepare to move, I wrap things up at work, and we attend more weddings. (Two down, two to go.)

Since I last posted (well, not counting yesterday), Uncle V. has continued to make amazing progress and should be making the long drive home soon. (Due to the nature of his accident, he can't fly, and the ride home will be longer because they have to avoid the mountains.) We had dinner with Aunt V. last week, and she's in good spirits. Exhausted and anxious to get her husband home, but in good spirits.

Wedding 2 was also great - this one was a lot more frantic for us, because my beloved was the Man of Honour for the bride. The ceremony and reception were held outdoors, in the couple's back yard. The weather was perfect - bit warm, but not humid (for the first time all week!). There were no major hitches, the service was lovely, and we had a nice time catching up with friends of my beloved. All told, we had a great time.

And now, here I am at work! I was dreading coming back, fearing mountains of work waiting for me, but that wasn't the case. I'm now preparing for my departure, which is a bit weird but very exciting. Finally, I can tell people what it is I do around here! ;)

I had two surprise visits yesterday - one from my sister and niece, and one from a friend of 15 years whom I haven't seen since before I went to China. She brought her two daughters, ages 5 and 2, and we had a short but lovely lunch together. It was a very nice way to get back into the work week. :)

On the home front, I have to resume packing - and purging! My beloved and I have to figure out the logistics of getting out of this apartment and moved into the new one, up to my sister's wedding, and back in time for orientation. We have to hand off the cats to my folks for a few weeks (since I can't really put them in storage with the rest of my stuff!), and figure out when we'll get them back. We have to finalize apartment details, cancel services here and set up new services there. I know I'm forgetting things, but it all boils down to this: We have a lot to do.

So far, I think I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping a lid on any freak outs. (That's not to say I haven't freaked out a bit, but I'm keeping them to a minimum.) I'm doing my best to not stress out, to remain confident that things will work out, and take time to relax and pray and recharge.

The bright side is, in all the brouhaha of weddings and travel and moving plans, I don't have a lot of time to panic about becoming a student again! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home