Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Babies and weddings and showers - oh my! (Though not necessarily in that order.)

'Tis the season for weddings and babies!

Later this month, I'm going to be an aunt! :) My niece-phew is expected on June 23 (which is also our mom's birthday), but s/he could arrive any day now - and my sister is hoping it's sooner rather than later!

While I was sweating in the gym, my family and dozens of my sister's friends were getting sunburned at a "surprise" baby shower. (She has a sixth sense about surprises - but she was genuinely surprised and touched by the number of people who turned up.)

This baby will be the fourth of eight babies expected by friends and/or family this year. I'm getting to do lots of knitting and cross-stitch! (I don't feel obligated to make things for these babies - I really do enjoy it. Plus, it gives me an excuse to spend so much time on my crafts!)

Between my beloved and I, we have four weddings to attend between July and September - two for him, two for me. Three are back-to-back, then we have a two-week break. My beloved is involved in one, and I'm in involved in the September wedding - not as a bridesmaid (thank goodness!), but as sister of the bride. My baby sister is getting married!

All three of us are taking on major changes this year: one marriage, one baby, and one new life in Kingston. Wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home