Monday, June 06, 2005

Melting

On Friday, I started the following post:

In about an hour, the first of three graduation ceremonies at our college will begin. I get to sit on the stage and hand diplomas to the president for all three ceremonies. I get to do this in a sweltering gymnasium packed with people, dressed in a long, black, polyester gown. Woo. Hoo. I comfort myself with two thoughts: I'm not working on the audit, and I'm getting paid for this.

And speaking of the audit... It continues to plague me. I'll be working on it for at least another week.
I didn't finish what was shaping up to be another bitchy post. I had to get myself to grad, where I physically melted through three ceremonies - one Friday, two Saturday. (I'm looking forward to that pay cheque!)

I don't really know how to continue. I started the post to talk about the emotional meltdowns I experienced last week - one on Wednesday, due to my idiot neighbour and my apathetic landlord, and one on Thursday, due to the audit and the aforementioned challenging co-worker. There's not a lot to say, other than I experienced two nasty meltdowns last week - I was stressed and frustrated, and it's not over yet.

Fortunately for me, my beloved offered a calming, comforting voice of sympathy and reason, and JenBen was able to drop everything and get together for supper and a chat almost immediately following the work meltdown. I'm feel incredibly blessed to have such wonderful, caring people in my life.

I'm trying to let go. I'm trying to deal with my stresses in healthy ways. I'm clinging to the thought that I'll soon be away from the audit and Mr. Happy.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words. It was my pleasure to get together with you (even shortly after a meltdown) :) You are doing a great job handling multiple stresses! Any one stress on its own would be sufficient for a meltdown, never mind multiplied in different aspects of your life.

I have every confidence that you will:
a) get through this, and
b) use this experience to your advantage in your life and ministry.

You rock, my friend!
JenBen

 
At 7:44 p.m., Blogger Jen said...

You are very kind, online and in person. Thank you, JenBen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home