Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The countdown is on!

This is my last Tuesday at work. It's not nearly as exciting as yesterday was, because yesterday was my last Monday at work, but it's a pretty close second!

I'm spending my time trying to get my materials in order, because I don't want to leave a big mess for my replacement. (Whatever I leave for my replacement in terms of reference materials and instructions will be more than what I got, but I still want to be as helpful as possible.)

It seems very surreal that I'm almost done at this job, that I'm moving, and that I'll be in minister school in a few weeks. It's been so long in development (about 20 years or so!) that it hardly seems real that I'm actually doing it. I'm excited and terrified and thrilled and freaking out and rejoicing, all at the same time. No wonder I'm so tired!

In life news, my baby sister (owner of Sauer) is getting married in less than two weeks. She seems to have had more than her fair share of pre-wedding stresses - crazy step-mother in law, lost bridesmaids dresses, emcee cancelling at the last minute, stuff like that. But the kicker came last Thursday night, when she was hit in the head by a baseball during her weekly rec league game. (The ball was thrown to her - it hit the top of her glove and bounced off into her forehead. She, like her big sister Jen, is quite klutzy.)

She's been in the hospital with a concussion since Friday afternoon, because she was still getting sick and had a terrific headache. Yesterday my parents drove her two hours to a regional hospital for a CAT scan. It came back negative (thanks be to God!), but she's still in the hospital. She's hoping to get sprung today. I'm thankful she's in such good hands, and praying that she gets the rest she needs to heal.

My mom says the freakiest thing has been that my sister has been quite calm through the whole ordeal - it's like the wedding stress got knocked out of her. (Bad pun intended.) I think that's a good thing, but Mom has been much closer to the wedding plans than I, and is worried because, "It's not her." Personally, I think my sister is realizing that there are more important things in life than centre pieces and seating arrangements, and that even if things don't go exactly as planned, they'll be wonderful. She's marrying the man she loves.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 p.m., Blogger heartnurse said...

Looked at the pics you took in Asia-they are great thanks for sharing., Jen SPC

 
At 5:22 p.m., Blogger Jen said...

Thanks, SPC! There are plenty more - I just haven't had time to upload them all. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home