Tuesday, August 16, 2005

8 days to go

In about an hour, I will only have eight more days at this job. I have things to do around here in that time - but I'm having a really hard time focusing. But that's nothing new...

Susan Rose at Musings of a Discerning Woman has been struggling with this, too. It's nice to know I'm not alone in these feelings, and I admire her attitude.
It is a struggle though. Each and every day. The first struggle is to make it to work. Then to stay focused while I’m there. Then to find it buried in me to do this high level work when I’d much rather be, oh, working with the homeless or organizing a peace vigil or writing a parish newsletter or talking with God. But this is my job right now, so off to work.

My prayer for the next eight working days is to find the focus and motivation to do my job that have been missing for the last couple of weeks while I'm at work, and to focus on the things I need to do at home before the move while I'm at home. I'm just too muddled otherwise. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home